Support Corfu

Please feel free to talk about anything Corfu related.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Support Corfu

Post by Al » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi All

We all have heard of the problems greece have at the moment, but there is an answer to some of their problems
and that's with the tourism.
The more people we can get to visit Corfu the better their economy will become, I'm not saying that it will be the end of their problems
but its a start.
I have uploaded the above Image to the download section of the website, please feel free to download a copy to your computer
and maybe use it on your Facebook pages / Twitter or Blogs etc,etc, come on guys we need to our bit !! :dup: :suun: :dup:

Regards

Al :comp:

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Support Corfu

Post by DaveD » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 pm

We have only just returned from our holiday on Gozo which has attracted many more German tourists this year. The Germans told me about a 70yr old German man who was beaten up, for no reason except it seems he was German, on one of the Greek islands and this has caused a panic.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Somehow I do not think one would get the same friendliness in Egypt as one would get in Greece, and in particular Corfu. Likewise, even with the change of regime
in Egypt that has recently happened, I do not think it is anywhere near safe as it is in Greece. As for costs, £600 for flights, and a very good accommodation would be
cheaper than the Egyptian quote, and more user friendly.

Greece anytime, specially Corfu, although I have considered Malta so as to revisit where I served in my Naval Career.

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 am

surely one place is not necessarily more friendly than another- when somewhere relies on tourism of course their inhabitants will always be friendly- and in the case of Corfu and Egypt I am sure they are genuinely! Security is also top prikority ibn Egypt with a rather overpowering presence sometimes!

Personally the idea of a purpose built resort anywhere fills me with horror, but can ee the advantages of all inclusive to a family on a budget.

Chris, this year there is a weekly charter flight from Malta to Corfu- so you could do a two centre holiday....it is only an hour's flight!