CORFU ON ITV1

Please feel free to talk about anything Corfu related.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

CORFU ON ITV1

Post by Chris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Thursday, 11th October, 1035pm
Corfu: A Tale of Two Island, Episode 1

A fascinating new eight-part documentary series which takes a look at this popular getaway through the eyes of the people who holiday there, and the many who make their living through tourism on the island.

Further episodes following Thursdays.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: CORFU ON ITV1

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 am

In all honesty, I have found this programme in general to be very one sided towards the very rich and more upper class resident/visitors to Corfu, and really detracts from what the programme indicates at the beginning, that the island is of two factions, one being the tourist. However, so far the side of the tourist has not been shown in its entirety, unless one classes Kavos as the only visitors resort, which of course we know is not the case.

I am seriously fed up with the portrayal of those who have taken acres of land so that they can build or restore a building that has uninterupted views across many bays, flaunting their prowess, waiving mega wads of Euros to the cameras (speaking hyperthetically).

In conclusion, although it is good to see the filming of Corfu, I do not think the programme gives it its true colours in line with the title of the programme.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Chris

I thought the TV show for Corfu was going to be a true representation of the beautiful of the Island but no!
More so to show the Island as a Them & Us scenario was just bad !!!

I would have preferred to see more of the Corfiot people and the ex-pat going about their daily lives in the hard times
to support their families Not some rich pain in the back side trying to buy the best plot of land which more then likely
he paid the original owner less then a third of what it was worth, just so they can have their villa with a view
I think this program did Corfu more harm then good !

Some of the picturesque shots were beautiful and did portray the Islands Beauty and for me that was about all.

Corfu is a Fantastic holiday destination and I will return year after year Not because of this TV program
but because of the beautiful Island and Corfiot people that we have meet over the years and I
am proud to call them our Friends !!!

Cheers

Alan :comp:

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 am

think the two islands referred to the two extreme types pof tourists who visit- anything in between did not provide a sharp enpough contrast for ITV (the commissioning channel) tastes. Photography was great though, ns that must be a plus.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi janmanessi

I would have preferred to see the Greeks and ex pats living / working etc and what there doing
in these hard times, I did not wish to see the rich people try to get the best view or larger swimming pool.

With that said you are so correct some of Photography and scenic shots were very well put together

Festive wishes

Al :comp: