Acharavi - Great Place To Visit

Ask a question regarding Acharavi or Assist other users to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Many thanks Sue for that review of the winter period in the north of the island. It certainly is an eye opener to know that so much does go on in Acharavi and surrounding area during the winter months.

How do we get out there,
:lol: :wink:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:09 am

Thanks again Sue for the information, I am sure this will appeal to many who wish to visit Corfu at this time. For that time of year, that is also a very good price. Am I right in saying that there is accommodation available in such places as Acharavi, and can transfers be arranged. I ask these questions for others in mind. Many thanks again.

Yeiamas, Chris

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Acharavi - Great Place To Visit

Post by Chris » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Firstly Dave, welcome to the Holiday Corfu Forum, great to have you onboard. Thank you also for sharing your memories of your many visits to Acharavi and surrounding areas. We will look forward to hearing more from you in due course. However, please do not let us wait until June, do come back with more of your stories, and if any, pictures of your ventures to Corfu.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Wullie

Do you know The Thannili Gardens Apartments? It is owned by a very good friend of ours.

Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Wullie

I have never stayed at Acharavi but we visit each year on three or four occassions to see Nickos Ghoulis who owns the Thannilli Gardens Apartments. We always stay at one of his other Hotels in Liapades. That is where we got to know Nicko it is now run and managed by his son Spiro.

Rog

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Dave

The biggest laugh I have had there is when our friend Nicko and his mate Yianni (who owns The Villa Fanstastico) go down to the Beach for a session of what they call "Looky, Looky". This as you might guess is when two men in their late 70's go to gaze at the visiting girls Topless on the Beach.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:07 pm

Like most places on Corfu, they have there characters, and by the looks of things Acharavi have theirs. I had to laugh at the Looky Looky story, I can quite imagine that happening. And why not.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Dave

Sue tells me "You can look but don't touch".

At 68 I wouldn't know what I was touching. As my friend Nicko keeps saying "The Petrol is all Gone and The Tank is Empty". That's what he says and so I'm saying the same thing, you're more likely to stay out of trouble that way.

Rog

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Gentlemen, we are all entitled to our little fantasies. I am sure the women have theirs as well, and are more than likely to let on or be seen.

Keep the lenses clean Dave, me and Roger might have to borrow them one day.

Yeiamas, Chris

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:31 pm

We have been going to Acharavi for about 13yrs and love it. We always used to stay at the Sun appts until Thompsons pulled out of Acharavi, we always went during the month of June and over the years we stayed at the sun we made many good friends who like us returned year after year.After reading some of the posts on this Topic I wondered if anyone else stayed at the sun. There was one couple William & Mary was just wondering if you Wullie maybe be the same person. Due to change of jobs we now go the main holiday weeks last week July 1st week August and stay at the Eriva appts. We go in the Panda bar every night to see our goods friend Moma & Kosta
Jill & Rob

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi Wullie.

Great to see you back on the boards, and to hear you only have 10 weeks to your next visit to Corfu. You lucky people. Look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Yeiamas, Chris

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Wullie, We have also stayed at the Panos but must admit that hill is a bit much for us, Hope you have a great time anyway, and give all our love to Moma & Kosta we will be back in July, spoke to Moma on Thursday before she started her return journey to Corfu, she is a very brave Lady doing this trip on her own each year 8)

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 pm

We were up in Scotland for the New Year staying with our good friends we met in Acharavi on our very 1st visit, and were going to try and meet up with Pat, James & Moma on New Years eve in Edinburgh but sadly because of work commitments it never happened. Do you know Pat & James?

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Yes we know George he does one of the best Breakfasts in Acharavi, used to go in Captain aris when he had it

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 am

Just as a matter of interest, is the Michelle you refer to in your posts, the same Michelle who does or did run a shop in Acharavi, and has not long had a baby. by the name of Zoey.

We hope she is well, as well as hubby and baby. Michelle is a member of the forum, but we have not seen them for a while.

Yeiamas, Chris

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Chris No sorry not the same person she is actually name Michelene and she helps run the Panda bar with her son Kosta. She also works as a guide on the excursion boats and buses. Hope someone can help you find out about the other Michelle

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:08 pm

No problem, just wondering in hope. We have not seen or heard from here since winter. Thanks anyway.

Yeiamas, Chris

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Chris Maybe Sue at Casterway could help you

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks Rixy, I will check it out sometime. Cheers, thanky0u

Yeiamas, Chris

RIXY

Post by RIXY » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Just wondering if anyone booked for 2009 we will be back in Acharavi 27th July for 2 weeks and it can't come quick enough for us :smile: