Skales Apartments

Ask a question regarding Acharavi or Assist other users to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

CorfuChris

Skales Apartments

Post by CorfuChris » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know or remember the Skales Apartments in Acharavi ? The apartments are on the outskirts of the village on the road from Kassiopi.
I see on Google Earth the building is still there ,but when we visited Corfu last time (cough 1993 :blush: ) the building was locked up and not in use.
Only wanted to know as my wife and I stayed there 24 years ago and it was our first holiday together :smile: and we had a great time :sunb: .
Hope to get some replies as they were the good old days :good2: .
Thanks Chris
Ps We are returning back to Acharavi in July :dup: .

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Skales Apartments

Post by Chris » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Could it be the Skales (now with Villa Manolidou) which is located on the Almyros Beach, which is to the east of Acharavi, on the road back from Kassiopi.

http://www.kanoulastravel.com/v/manolidou1.jpg

CorfuChris

Post by CorfuChris » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:39 pm

That's it Chris :dup: ,we had the room upstairs on the right and there was a rough road at the side of the property and forked at the end and took you to the beach (nice and sandy :sunb: ).Thanks Chris I can taste the AMSTEL already :smile: ,but I bet the price is not the same :ddown:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Glad to be of help Chris. I like your idea of the nice cool Amstel. I prefer the Mythos, and I understand from sources that the Fix is coming back. Incidentally, do not be too shocked. Just looked at a conversion chart, €1 is equal GRD341. So your Amstel is going to cost around GRD850. A huge difference. Anyway, as I said before, we look forward to hearing all about it, and seeing the fun photos. Keep in touch, and if there is anything else you need to know other than what is in the Acharavi Section, please let us know. Make sure you read the Acharavi Links.