My first visit

Ask a question regarding Acharavi or Assist other users to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: My first visit

Post by Al » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Hello Anouk

A warm welcome to the Corfu Web Site & Forums, we hope you enjoy your stay :good2:

I would recommend Corfu Town and there you could also visit the Old & New Fortress,
In Corfu Town you have a very good selection of shops for things like gold/silver and leather goods also the normal selection of tourist shops.
Don't forget to visit "St Spiridon Church" the patron saint of Corfu you can read a little more here:- ** St Spiridon **
you could take coffee on the Liston and people watch for a while, then a little stroll the the old/new fortress, I personally would say that these are
"Must See" whilst in Corfu.

Another place to see would be "The Achillion Palace" is located in Gastouri, just outside of Benitses, you can find the by heading south go through Corfu Town and follow the coast road to just before Benitses its sign posted to the right for the "Achillion Palace" now this is a very nice place to visit
steeped in history.
If you have a look here ** Achillion Palace ** this will give you a brief insight.

As for other trip I would try to book them locally as it works out a lot cheaper then booking through the travel reps.

I hope this is a starter for you and helps a little

Regards

Al :cool:

RIXY

Re: My first visit

Post by RIXY » Sat May 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi Anouk

We have been going to Acharavi for about 16yrs and needless to say we love it, Woody's on the beach in Acharavi does a lovely english breakfast. also his evening meals are all delicious and resonably priced. Another place you can get a good breakfast is Central Bar on the main street just opposite the pumphouse restaurant. Hope you have a lovely stay :cool: