Need a bit of help

Ask a question regarding Corfu Town or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

andy_j

Need a bit of help

Post by andy_j » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:00 am

Hi everyone, first post on here. We're off to Corfu on May 3rd for a week in the Iberostar golf hotel, just north of Corfu town. We're going all inclusive and it's only really a weeks break just to chill out a bit.

There's five in our party...wife and myself (both early 40's), daughter (11) and my parents (both mid 60's) and this'll be our first time to Corfu.

I'd like to ask if anyone on here has been to this particular hotel and knows whether there is a dress code for lunch and/or dinner. I've tried emailing the hotel and looking on various holiday feedback sites but there's only a brief mention that men are required to wear long trousers but it's hardly enforced. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Also, is there anywhere on the island where you can swim with dolphins ? I'd love to arrange it for my daughter as a surprise but not sure if it's available in corfu.

Lastly, any hints, tops, suggestions etc will be most welcome.

Regards

Andy

Edit...oh, was thinking about taking a telescopic fishing rod just for a bit of fun off the beech....is it worth it ?

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Need a bit of help

Post by Chris » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Andy and Family.

Firstly, welcome to the Holiday Corfu Forum (See New Members Section for full welcome). Well in our eyes you have chosen the perfect holiday in all that you ask. Definately somewhere to chill out, and you have chosen one of the more classier hotels on the island, set on the Alykes Beach near to Corfu Town, but out of sight thus giving that out of the way feeling. I personally have not stayed at this hotel, but have had a look around, and did have lunch there once with friends. The dress code for lunch was every day shorts and T Shirts, etc. However, in the evening, it is not so much trousers, but I do think they prefer an open neck button shirt. See this link IBEROSTAR KERKYRA GOLF for more details, and in the dining room photos you will see what I refer to. Hope this helps. Remember the season is not under way at the moment. It officially starts 26th April or 3rd May, so keep trying to make contact. I have just noticed on their calendar they operate from the 15th April, so someone maybe there now.

You will be well looked after in the Kerkyra Golf, but I would recommend, although you are all inclusive, to get into town on one or two evenings and enjoy a meal at an authentic Greek Restaurant. There are many in Corfu Town, surrounded by many shops selling all sorts of goods.

Swimming with the Dolphins. Dolphins do appear around Corfu, but there is no shallow areas as such where this sort of adventure can be experienced. There are many Boat Trips from many resorts, with excursions around various parts of the island usually ending in a Beach BBQ (Well worth it). On these trips, there is a possibility that one may meet up with a school of Dolphins who will swim around the boat, displaying their usual tricks ans swimming capabilities.

Remembering luggage weights, by all means take your fishing equipment. There are many places along the shores, jetties and piers that one can fish from catching a variety of fish. Do remember, if you decide to fish from a boat, you will need a licence to do so. If it is organised, this is usually part of the cost. You could take the family over to Vidos Island from Corfu Town Old Port. Approx €2 each way per person. It is a very tranquil island, with a bar/restaurant run by an English lady married to a Corfiot. You can find yourself a secluded spot.

If you have any further questions regarding your forthcoming visit, do please let us know, and we will get back with the answers, or do our best. One thing I will say, having your family with you, in particular your daughter, it would be worth a visit to the Aqualand Adventure Park. It is an area of all kinds of water rides and fun for all the family. There are restaurants for lunch, or take your own (perhaps the Kerkyra Golf will do a packed lunch for you). Entrance is around the €18 mark for adults, and about €11 for children. I think they do family tickets. For more information see the following link AQUALAND CORFU.

I hope these answers are helpful.