I Need Help, Vido

Ask a question regarding Corfu Town or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

kolegy

I Need Help, Vido

Post by kolegy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Good day!

Who knows where to look on the Internet, schedule of launches (longboat) corfu - vido and vido-corfu.

Al
Admin
Admin

Re: I Need Help, Vido

Post by Al » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello kolegy

Welcome to the Corfu website & forums & thank you for taking the time to register.

Please can you submit a little more information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you

Al :cool:

kolegy

Post by kolegy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Yes of course, I can.

I'm just going to be on the island of Vido from September 25 to October 3. And on October 3 at 7:00 am I need to get on the ferry to Igoumenitsa. so when the first boat departs from Vido to Corfu.
Thank you.

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 pm

Hello kolegy

Thank you for your information,, I have searched but cannot seem to find and mentions of ferry boats Vido to Corfu,
but with it being only a very short crossing maybe a travel co on vido could arrange a crossing.

I have also send a friend of ours an email who lives in messonghi to see if he can find any information for you.

Hopefully will be in touch shortly

All the Best

Al :cool:

Nige

Post by Nige » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 am

Hi there, you pay on the boat, 2 Euros each for the return trip. On the hour from Corfu and on the half from vidos, the first boat leves Corfu at 10am and the lst boat leaves vidos at 1.30am. Hope this helps!! Enjoy your trip. :dup:

Nige...

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 pm

unless the schedule has changed the ferry from Corfu to Igumenitsa leaves at 6.30am not 7am. Sure you will be able to get someone to bring you over in the early morning, but as few people stay on Vidos overnight you may have to get someone to come out from Corfu (it's only 10 minutes) to pick you up.

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:37 am

Nat Rothschild may visit, but the house is owned by Lord Rothschild- and is rented out periodically to friends.

Peter Mandelson was only a visitor, as have been many other political figures of all parties, plus other well known faces from industry and show business. It was also a favourite place for Princess Margaret, who used to arrive on a charter flight- and go back laden with fresh figs to take back to the family!