Excusion from gouvia

Ask a question regarding Gouvia or Assist others to find the answer to their questions.

Moderator: Al

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Excusion from gouvia

Post by Chris » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

All the trips and excursions, both by coach or boat that will be offered by your holiday rep, can also be purchased at the local travel shop in Gouvia or
Kontokali (the next village along, approximately 1km). Their prices will be competitive, and as you said, cheaper than those offered by the holiday rep.
Having stayed in Gouvia and Kontokali myself, we too chose to use the local travel shops, and each trip or excursion was well presented, and we were
in fine hands.

The Gouvia Travel Shop is situated opposite the bend in the main road through the village, that leads out onto the main road. Other travel shops can be
found through the village, but the main one is recommended. Likewise in Kontokali, the travel shop is situated to the south of the village, again looking
over the main road to Corfu Town.

As a matter of interest, although you can book excursions to Corfu Town by coach or boat, approximately 8km south of Gouvia, there is a No7 Blue Bus
that runs on the outskirts of Gouvia (Main Road), and Kontokali to Corfu Town, San Roco Square at a ticket fare of around €1 to €2.

If you need any further help, do let me know.

janmanessi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by janmanessi » Thu May 10, 2012 10:15 pm

yes local tour operators are insured BUT if you have got your holiday travel insurance from your tour operator that insurance normally only covers you if you have an accident on a tour booked through your tour operator

mickweston1

Post by mickweston1 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Hello all ... we are staying at the Park Hotel in Gouvia from 22 june for 2 weeks, does anybody know how close the local bus service (& what number ) runs to the hotel and how near is the local travel shop as i dont really want to use the holiday rep for booking excursions, also is there a reputable local car hire nearby ?
many thanks, Mick

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm

The hotel is approximately 120m from the main road that runs from Corfu Town to Paleokastritsa. The No7 Blue Bus can be taken from the junction with this road and Gouvia to Corfu Town, approx 8km away, and cost of fare, about €2 each way, and the journey takes around 20mins depending on driver and traffic.

The Travel shop for all excursions is located near to the same location above. This is the main one which I have used in the past and is recommended. There are others dotted around the village.

The following hire company is recommended, ECONOMY CAR HIRE GOUVIA

mickweston1

Post by mickweston1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

am i right that bus tickets must be purchased from a travel shop and not on the busses, and tickets are scanned / stamped by a machine on the bus ?

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:35 am

Hi mickweston1

Last time we used a bus in Corfu we paid the driver as you do here in the UK,
But that was a long time ago and things might have changed.

I have found a Corfu Bus Time Table which may help you.
Also a contact Telephone number for "Bus Corfu" - Corfu ticket office tel - 26610 28928

Hope that helps a little, I'm sure our other members will be able to offer more info about ticket payment.

Regards

Al :comp:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 pm

On journeys from Gouvia/Kontokali aboard the Blue Buses, one pays the driver. Sometimes on the return from Corfu Town, one purchases tickets
from a kiosk at the San Roco Square bus stop. However, in either direction we have paid aboard the bus to the driver.