Prices in Greece

Ask a question regarding Agios Gordios, Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions

Moderator: Al

swanseajack

Prices in Greece

Post by swanseajack » Sun May 09, 2010 9:51 pm

With all the issues with the Greek economy has this put up the prices in the resorts? :shock:
Has anyone just come back?

Swanseajack :coffee:

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Prices in Greece

Post by Chris » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 am

Hi Swanseajack.

I am not sure if we have had anyone that has visited Corfu as yet, although I know some are due to set off soon. I did issue a post not so long back asking if anyone visiting Corfu early in the season to let us know of any changes on that score. I have heard that fuel has risen in the first week since the Greek borrowing was announced. Fuel had moved from €1.50 to €1.65 per litre, and probably heading towards €2. VAT is due to increase in July upto 23%, and I believe in some cases, cigarettes, beers and wines will be pushed up by about 30% over the counter. I did ask a friend of mine who resides in Sidari and works in a Hotel and Bar for prices. At the moment they are sticking to 2009 prices, as is most for the forseeable time. A list of prices can be found in the Corfu Prices Section of this forum. I hope this is of some help to you.

swanseajack

Re: Prices in Greece

Post by swanseajack » Mon May 10, 2010 12:11 am

Cheers Chris :sunb:

Swanseajack :music: