food

Ask a question regarding Agios Gordios, Pelekas, Glyfada & Sinarades or Assist others to find the answer to their questions

Moderator: Al

forrestj

food

Post by forrestj » Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 am

Hi all cant wait to come over and spend a whole month in the village
Can anyone tell me how the prices for eating out compared to last year?
Many thanks j :suun:

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: food

Post by Chris » Sat May 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Watching a news article this morning on travel and prices, the general consensus is that most of the Mediteranean resorts, in particular the East Mediteranean including Greece are cheaper on the food listings. Greece was around about 2nd place compared to the UK in 5th. I have emailed some friends who live on Corfu and involved with the food and drink industry by running a hotel restaurant and bar.

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun May 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I have received the following information from a good friend on Corfu working in the holiday business. Prices are round about the same as last year, with local beers ranging between €2 to €3.50, imported beers upto €5. Food prices are the same, around €6.50 to €7 for a main dish. Exchange rates are around the €1.13 to the pound marki.

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Sun May 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Depending where you go prices will vary we were in kassiopi 2 years ago this June as i found main courses from around 8 50 upwards drinks 4 euros upwards even for the ouzo!! exept in the Kafeneon which was about 1, 50 E, we went to Kefalonia last year Agia Efimia and the mains were from 6 50 upwards drinks still form 4 euros upwards , i found Kefalonia cheaper last year than i have seen Greece in many years but its not as touristy in the area i went to . i loved it . :suun: