Anti-biotics over the counter prices.

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Anti-biotics over the counter prices.

Post by mitera » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Being Antibiotics i dont see why not , cant you take them with you , maybe the best way .

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Both drugs are prescription drugs in the UK, however, this may not necessarily be the case in Corfu. Which ever way one gets them in Corfu, it will probably cost. Recommend check with the local Pharmacy on arrival, if not joy go to the hospital or local clinic.

My partner who is a Pharmacist Technician recommends that you contact your surgery for a repeat prescription which will be issued immediately if you have already been diagnosed and prescribe, which will give you sufficient time to get them before you leave. These drugs are normally only for short term use.

Prices will be about the same as the UK.

Yeiamas, Chris

Etsiketsi
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Etsiketsi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

XEX

I am on repeat prescriptions myself and if you speak to the Receptionist you will find that when you explain you are going on holiday soon they will speed it up. They have even printed them off there and then and walked it into the doctor to sign.

By the way. Antibiotics are usually given on a seven day course and not on repeat prescription. They are dangerous and my Wifes Uncle died recently because of Antibiotic mis-use. He had, had an infection that they tried to sort out with the tablets but had to keep giving him stronger ones. He then got a Stomach infection and when they tried to treat it with other Antibiotics they wouldn't work because of the over prescription earlier. It took six weeks before he finally died, very painfully.

Rog

mitera
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by mitera » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:31 am

Sorry to hear that Rog .. Antibiotics should only be taken if necessary as you say if over used can be dangerous , and your body can become immune to certain types , thats why its a good idea to change them each time you take them .i hope you manage to get them XEX and your welcome .

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 am

Roger and Susie, I have sent you both a PM.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi xex

I would have thought you would be able to get an emergency appointment with your doctor for a repeat prescription
Or at your local medical drop in center as they too have access to your medical records.
In my opinion that would be the safest bet, rather than leave it to chance and hope you could get the medication you need in Corfu.

Regards

Al :cool: