Holiday Cost's

The Corfu Forum is the place for you to ask or answer questions about everyday items, accommodation, eating out or just taverna prices on the island of Corfu, like food, drink, car hire, excursions and much more.

Moderator: Al

hellsbells

Re: Holiday Cost's

Post by hellsbells » Sun May 24, 2009 1:44 pm

I just got back from 2 wonderful weeks in Sidari. The weather was beautiful, in the 30's in the shade!! The prices there this year were no different to last year at all we found. Most places were doing an exchange rate of 1.14 , but once they took off the commission it was about 1.11.

We got our car hire a little cheaper this year, 85 Euro for 3 days in a Jimny Jeep.

We also found it alot quieter there, so the restaurants were offering free child meals to try and lure you in, also alot of the watersports were offering 2 for the price of 1.

Quite a lot of cheap holidays for Corfu out there if you take a look ... £130 a week in some places for a last minute holiday.

My husband is being made redundant in July, but if he finds a job quickly, then we are going back in October, flight only this time and staying with our friends in the Olive Grove :)

Chris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Chris » Sun May 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for that HB, great to hear you all had a great time, and as usual everything was up to its usual great standards. It is even more pleasing to hear that the prices have not changed, at least in your resort. No doubt other resorts will be doing the same. It is good that the Corfiots are seeing through this economical problem and adjusting as necessary to ensure a successful season. The exchange rate is very good, even with the commission. Yesterday in the UK most were around €1.04, and that was commission free.

Sorry to hear about hubby and his job. Lets hope he is very successful in finding another very soon, and you can book that extra holiday on Corfu.

Look forward to hearing more of your holiday, and seeing some pics when you are ready.

Yeiamas, Chris

Al
Admin
Admin

Post by Al » Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi hellsbells

Sorry to hear about your Hubby being made redundant in July, I hope he finds another job soon will keep our fingers crossed !

Like Chris has said I to am glad the Corfiots are adjusting to economic climate, and i hope they have a good season,
But I know I have said time and time again, the Greek tourist Board needs to pull there finger out and do more to promote Corfu and the other Greek Islands

Ok Ok I'll shut up

Regards

Al :cool: