Furniture shops near Corfu Town

Corfu Shops and businesses forum for the best places to find what you need with the best recommendations.

Moderator: Al

Starfish

Furniture shops near Corfu Town

Post by Starfish » Mon May 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi

We are furnishing our villa on Paxos. We took a trip to Ikea in Ioannina but were disappointed at the quality of some of the items. We have looked at furniture in Evenos which we found to be on the expensive side. Can anyone suggest a furniture store offering reasonable good quality sofas, tables, beds etc at reasonable prices.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, our only other alternative is to buy these items in the UK and have the shipped to Paxos. This is not a cheap option, the quotes for shipping alone are coming in at about £2700.

Many thanks.

DaveD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Furniture shops near Corfu Town

Post by DaveD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:22 pm

We bought (in 1968) a G plan dining table with six chairs,a side board, stacking coffee table's (as you would in '67) and I am now sitting at said table with side board to my right and it still looks as good as the day we bought it from Beales in Bournemouth. The beauty of this furniture is that is hand made of solid teak and isnt available online. Hand made will always beat chip board hands down.

Chris
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Furniture shops near Corfu Town

Post by Chris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Those were the days, Beales of Bournemouth. Sadly Dave, Beales do not sell such furniture items now. It is not the same shop as it was when my first wife worked in the store in the early 70s. Then it was fantastic, but today it is all modern, with modern sales, and cheap items. How times change.

My parents purchased a table and chairs from Beales also back in the 60s, maybe before, and it was within their household until both passed away. My sister now has that table and chairs, and it is a very clean and strong condition.